Georgia State University held a general election for the 2020-2021 executive and legislative candidates of the Student Government Association on March 10 – 12, 2020. The results, with 1,164 votes cast, are available below.
A runoff election was held on Thursday, April 2, 2020, starting at 7 a.m. and ending at 7 a.m. Friday, April 3, 2020. The results, with 485 votes cast, are listed below:
Congratulations to the following winners:
o Kaelen Thomas
Atlanta campus Executive Vice President
o Takia Tinsley
Atlanta campus Speaker of the Senate
o Brianna Bailey
Atlanta campus College of Arts & Sciences Senators
Morgan Ward (5 undergraduate vacancies + 2 graduate vacancies remain available)
Atlanta campus J. Mack Robinson College of Business Senators
Sarah Saied (1 undergraduate vacancy + 1 graduate vacancy remain available)
Atlanta campus Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Senator
Chinelo Moneke (1 graduate vacancy remains available)
Atlanta campus School of Public Health Senator
Hewitt Mesfin (1 graduate vacancy remains available)
Atlanta campus College of Education & Human Development Senator
Mackenzie Minter (1 graduate vacancy remains available)
· Alpharetta campus Executive Vice President
· Clarkston campus Executive Vice President
· Decatur campus Executive Vice President
· Decatur campus Speaker of the Senate
· Dunwoody campus Executive Vice President
· Dunwoody campus Senator
Betenia Tuwe (5 Senator seats remain available)
· Newton campus Senators
Gabriel Pelayo (2 Senator seats remain available)
No candidates ran for the following positions (along with vacancies noted above):
· Atlanta campus College of the Arts Senators – (2 undergraduate vacancies remain available)
· Atlanta campus Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing & Health Professions Senators – (1 undergraduate vacancy + 1 graduate vacancy remains available)
· Alpharetta campus Speaker of the Senate – (1 position remains available)
· Alpharetta campus Senators – (6 Senator seats remain available)
· Clarkston campus Speaker of the Senate – (1 position remains available)
· Clarkston campus Senators – (6 Senator seats remain available)
· Decatur campus Senators – (6 Senator seats remain available)
· Newton campus Executive Vice President – (1 position remains available)
· Newton campus Speaker of the Senate – (1 position remains available)
Detailed voting results for all candidates can be found at Voting Details for 2020.2021 SGA primary elections not including runoff results.
Final election results will be announced on Monday, April 6, 2020, via social media and publication on the SGA web site.
Applications for Communications Director and Finance Director (all campuses) and the Atlanta campus/University-wide Senate Clerk will be available by March 17, 2020, with a priority review deadline of 5 p.m., Thursday, April 9 on PIN in the SGA portal. Applications will be reviewed until all positions have been filled.
For any vacant positions that remain, the application form to fill EVP, Speaker of the Senate and Senator vacancies on all campuses will be open by no later than March 27 and will remain open until all positions are filled, with priority review starting April 9. The application will be found on PIN in the SGA portal.
ALL DATES LISTED ABOVE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Contact the Student Government Association with any questions or voting issues by phone at 404-413-1600 or by email.