Freshman, Transfer & Transition Liaisons
The freshman, transfer and transition liaisons are active members within the Atlanta campus SGA that serve the student body by participating in SGA activities and initiatives. The 2019-2020 Liaisons are as follows:
|Freshmen Liaisons||Jay Alli, Aja Ashford, Hermela Assefa, Jimmya Camp, Spence Carr, Joshua Roberts|
|Transfer Liaisons||Elaina Hardwick, Shelby Horton, Katie Kyser|
|Transition Liaisons||Jazmine Bryant, Seung Choi, Kenya Scott|
Applications for freshman, transfer & transition liaison positions are made available starting June 1, of each year. Selections for these positions will occur during the first two weeks of Fall classes each academic year.
- The Atlanta campus speaker pro tempore is responsible for reviewing the applications and scheduling interviews with the top candidates based on their applications.
- The speaker pro tempore and at least two other senators will conduct interviews and nominate six students for freshman liaison positions and three students for transfer liaison positions and three students for transition liaison positions at the second scheduled session of the Atlanta campus senate.
- The Atlanta campus senate must confirm the liaisons with a simple majority vote; confirmations can be made as a block vote.
Authority and Responsibility
- Serve as representatives of the freshmen, transfer and transition communities respectively.
- Seek student feedback and recommend solutions to student issues.
- Provide a voice for freshmen, transfer and PC transitioned students and the collective student body.
- Advocate for student rights.
- Attend regular Senate meetings.
- Serve on a minimum of one SGA Atlanta campus standing committee.
- Write legislation with a student senator as a sponsor, as appropriate.
Head Liaisons’ Selection
The selection process of head liaisons for the freshman group and for the transfer & transition group will be as follows:
- The head liaisons shall be nominated by any voting member of SGA or the respective liaisons.
- The nominated liaisons, upon their acceptance of the nomination, shall then be voted on by the respective SGA liaison group.
- The nominated head liaisons shall be confirmed by a simple majority vote of the respective liaisons present.
- The head liaisons are to submit reports to the Atlanta campus speaker pro tempore no later than three calendar days prior to a regularly scheduled senate meeting. The reports are to be read by the respective liaisons.
- Failure to produce reports to the senate shall result in an administrative meeting with the speaker pro tempore.
Head Liaisons’ Authority and Responsibility
- Collaborate with their respective liaison members and constituents to produce a report submitted to the SGA Senate at regularly scheduled senate meetings.
- The reports shall seek to provide the senate with freshmen, transfer and transition community consensus. The reports shall include comments, concerns, issues, and surveys specifically from those communities.
- The speaker of the senate may order special meetings with the head liaisons when necessary or in the absence of the speaker pro tempore.